Thursday 1 January 2009

In shock

Happy New Year to you all, I went through the last few days in a state of shock, why you may ask, well I received a phone call on Monday about receiving a PET Scan on Jan 2nd as I am pencilled in for the operation on the 15th. So that's why I'm in shock.

I have started tablets to help quit my habit of smoking, tried cold turkey on Tuesday but that didn't work. I even have on of those supersmokers but with others smoking proper cigs around me I've never used it. Looks like that will take a bashing over the next few days. It's not so much the smoking its filling in something to do with my hands. For all those non smokers out there you'll never understand but for the smokers you know what I mean.


I have to view this outcome as a positive move, I'm sure the surgeon wouldn't contemplate cutting me open if he doesn't think there's a good chance of getting the cancer out but I'm terrified of the negative side. What if I end up with infections and never get out of hospital, dying in Sheffield is not what I envisaged.


On the other hand, he will be taking away an awful lot of cancer then anything left, out to the States and get it cryo-ablated. Which reminds me hopefully soon another meso acquaintance will be flying out and should come back 100% clear of cancer.


If I am able I will keep you upto date with what is happening and after the event, (if it happens) then I'll let you know what it was like.


In the meantime I hope 2009 gives us all hope.

No comments: