Sunday 23 November 2008

Cryoablation of kidney Area

Picture A
















Picture (B) Area being ablated

God, what a week I've had, On Thursday felt so much better then I even went into the office for a few hours, felt so accomplished at getting something done and seeing my colleagues. It's amazing how much you miss the people you work with.




Woke up Friday with a raging temperature, chest infection, bad headache and the room going round like I was on a continuous carousel.



Before August I had never been able to cough, but thankfully I have been coughing well, bringing up that crap that always seems to get on the bottom of your lungs! It hurts to cough and a couple of times I thought I was going to choke to death but somehow I got it up and out.



Have been messing with the images, have tried to draw lines etc but the program I have won't work so you will have to work with my wonderful descripton to understand what is being shown.



On Picture A The tumour shows just left of the white (spine) on Picture B the area is now a darker Grey with a light stick sticking out, that's one of the probes attacking the tumour. Its hard to get the exact image due to forcus etc but there were 3 probes/needles inserted into this area. On Picture A you can just make out the round solid shape of the aorta then a very fine line before the tumour.



Doesn't it amaze you, I know it does me, that someone can see a picture like this and now immediately what is there and what can be killed off. I know they spend years and years going through training but who ever invented a program to be able to detail the insides so clearly, well nearly clearly - they could have put tags and labels on, and then another Doc can read it and see what are organs and what aren't. To me the tumour looks like a long, and in areas, overpacked sausage and very similar to the look of the kidney. They are amazing and I for one, express my thanks that someone devised this equipment and others have taken to studying the images created.



When I load the CT Scan on my own computer the images aren't the same as when Dr Abtin loaded them up. I could clearly see all the tumour's and the full impact of the rind yet on mine it isn't as clear.



That's enough biology for this posting, what did you think of the snow this morning! I can tell you our dogs were over the moon at the sight of snow, the youngest just loves frolicking in it. She lowers herself on her front legs and whelps until you throw a snowball at her .. strange dog .. then runs round the garden kicking up as much snow as possible, shoving her nose underneath and flipping it up. She comes back in more white than black and tan. Hubby loves it too, last year we didn't have much snow but he still made me smile and made a snowman in the garden. Although this time last year I was on chemo and not a lot made me smile, although he did catch me out throwing snowballs for the girls last January.



Hopefully it will snow some more so I can get a couple of good photo's of the dogs out in it. Isn't it strange when your feeling well you always say I never get time to do x y or z then when your off sick and could find the time you never have the energy or motivation to do anything. I keep promising to put together a video of the dogs through the years, holidays in order and of course print off those digital pictures .. do I ever get them done NO! Last year during Chemo I promised myself that on good days I would make some dvd's for us, but the minute I felt a little better I would log onto works computer and do stuff. Why is it easier to do work than do something for yourself?



My friends keep telling me I should write a book, it's something I often thought about when I was younger, but can I be bothered .. no! I have some good ideas but I doubt I could keep it going enough to make something readable. I can neither be funny nor serious for any length of time and I think you need to be either one or the other to do a good story.



I can here the kettle on and the sound of crockery being removed from the cupboard so guess I should finish here and go grab some lunch. Hubby has become one of the best cooks I've met. When we first got together he didn't know what an oven was for apart from keeping pizza warm, now he outshines me in the kitchen and makes a mean Sunday lunch.



Enjoy whats left of your day ... I'm sure you will!


1 comment:

MOLLBREEZER said...

JAN HAVE YOU CLAIMED COMPENSATION THROUGH THE NEW RULES INTRODUCED ON 1ST OCT 08. THE PAYOUT FOR SOMEONE YOUR AGE IS AROUND 45,000 IT IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEY CONTACTED MESO, AND CAN NOT CLAIM VIA AN EMPLOYER. I TRIED TO MESSAGE YOU THROUGH MCMILLIAM BUT HAD PROBLEMS. JAN28461@HOTMAIL.CO.UK