Tuesday 19 June 2012

Chris Knighton Deserves her Recognition

I wish I watched the news more often but as usual I missed it so when little Ann told me at work that Chris was named in the Queens honours List for once I felt sad to have missed the local news and see Chris receive her award.

Chris together with the help of Anne has worked so hard getting the charity recognised and indeed getting money raised to help towards research of this dreadful cancer.  Working out of her house for many years with determination and guts.  I believe that without Chris and her team we would not be as far forward battling this cancer as we are now.

She has inspired so many of us to raise money on behalf of the charity, When Claire and I arranged our Auction Dinner and Run back in 2007 Chris once again took the stand and had to relive the sadness that brought her to this position.  She has told her story from the tip of Scotland to the South of England and I am sure with each telling it doesn't get easier  for her the memory is always kept alive with the horror as well as the good memories. 

It was because of her message board I finally found my first meso friend.

WELL DONE CHRIS - ITS SO GOOD THAT SOMEONE SO CARING RECEIVES THIS

No comments: