Wednesday 27 June 2012

A Man's View - Refreshingly Different

I have so much to catch up on with the blog but before I start I received a wonderful email this morning from Steve who lives in Austrialia.  He was just been diagnosed with Mesothelioma 4 weeks ago and has started a blog to record his thoughts and treatments.

Steve has just started Chemo and I hope you can send some positive thoughts his way.

Find his blog on

http://mymesothelioma.com.au

On top of that I heard from Andrea (Travel Link) which I have copied below

Hi Everyone

I would just like to thank all of you that have sponsored us to date. We have managed to raise £1250 so far. If you haven’t already sponsored us, I urge you to consider doing so. Unfortunately since my first email my Dad had his routine 3 month check up and we found out that the NSCLC was growing we are awaiting the next course of action following on from an urgent CT scan.  So it is even more imperative than my last request. Please try to give anything that you can. http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Red-Hot-MesoWarriors . I have also attached an up to date thermometer of where we are up to now with our Charity Donations.
For the months of July and August any bookings that Travel Link make we will be using our ‘charity donation’ for our Race For Life Campaign. We have loads of great deals on from Uk based trips to far flung exotic places so please contact us for any trips you may have in mind.
Once again a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has made a donation it really does mean everything to me. I have been overwhelmed by the response.

I haven't heard anything further from Dr Abtin to say whether Harefield hospital are any further forward in sending a team across to UCLA and learning the benefits of cryoablation and finally starting to do it over hear.

I have a friend also in Australia who is looking into finding out where she can get Mistletoe from if anyone could help could you please email me with the details.  As you know Mistletoe is something I have never tried or used

Keep your chins up and stay positive, once we finally get some sun I'm sure we will all benefit - after all I have been counting down since last October for some sun I just hope we get some soon.

Jan

No comments: