Thursday 15 August 2013

Chris HasTaken Her Wings

It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that one of our mesothelioma friends, Christine Shippen, took her wings at 2.00am this morning.
 
Chris and I have emailed for a long time, nearly as long as she was diagnosed in October 07, again it took over a year for them to find out she had Mesothelioma, taking ill in 2006.
 
The news that she was taken ill so fast shocked me a couple of weeks ago, she died at home with her family.


She was so excited when her first grandchild was born to her Son, and so looking forward to the birth of her daughter's baby last week. 
 
Chris wasn't a member of face book but gave her story to many of the websites we all read, including  my website. 
 
She already has a Snowdrop fund set up with Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Research Fund and I believe her request was donations to this instead of flowers at her funeral.
 
My thoughts are with her husband and children.


No comments: