Monday 26 August 2013

Packed and Ready to Go

It's that time when you sit down and think we are ready but then you start to panic in case there is something you have forgotten!
 
Lexi has sensed something is going on although I don't think she thinks we are both going away, we are just waiting for Lauri to arrive.  Poor girl has just finished house sitting and looking after a cat then to come straight to ours and take over house duties and dog sitting!
 
I can't believe it, we had sunshine, blue skies and heat!  I even went with the dogs over the field, although a very short walk.  Bear has wet eczema and flies were zooming in on his bald wet patch annoying him to death.  Also I was quite breathless on the walk, I can't understand why, as I haven't been that breathless for a while.  At least we found this yesterday, his head was wet which we thought odd.  On further inspection under that mass of hair his skin was red and weeping.  Mind trying to cut his hair was a nightmare, he was pulling and tugging to get away from us.  I go slow and gently, Gary well he just dives in, probably better but I always worry in case I catch his skin.  It hasn't spread and that's the main thing.
 
 
This morning I woke up feeling a lot better than I have for several days, the bile seems to have stayed down a lot better, I wonder if that Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding dinner had something to do with it or the milk I drank with my tablets instead of fruit juice.  Either way I was a happier person this morning and life felt good.  It has been a while since I have thought that and really felt it at the same time.
 
I am hoping this is a good omen for the holidays and finally my body is on a turn around with the bile problems, just hope my 3 month pregnant body stays that way and doesn't turn me into ready to give birth over the next 2 weeks.
 
There have been a lot of fund raisers today, Angela put herself into a bird cage to raise much needed funds for the hospice that took care of her father .... I think she went down a treat or tweet!
 
If you would like to donate to the fund please go to  http://www.justgiving.com/angela-caulfield0

 
Two of our employees are doing the Great North Run in September, Paul Wright has ran this for many years donating funds to many charities, this year he is donating to Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Research Fund, Dave Simpson is running it for the first time and he is donating to Cancer Research.  If anyone would like to sponsor them I will be posting the link shortly.  (I have to ask Claire at work where it is!)
 
I forgot to mention that my mother in law has had no side effects as yet on her chemotherapy, although she is having carboplatin on its own I still expected her to suffer some symptoms.  I hope it does its work and reduces her mass so they can operate and remove it.  To everyone else facing treatment this week my heart goes out to you all.
 
One day may seem like we are doomed but tomorrow is always a new day and hopefully what ailed us is behind us.
 
The sun can make a difference to how we feel and I truly hope it has come to stay for a good 4 weeks or more.




 


1 comment:

Anne said...

I had my gall bladder removed 30 years ago. The only thing I ave found is I can't have fresh fruit juice as it gives me terrible acid burning sensations. I also find whole meal bread, pasta and rice also upset me. I think the transit s too slow. I know it's different for you but it might e worth trying.

I hope you have a lovely holiday Jan. I really hope your symptoms leave you well alone for the duration so you can make the most of this one.

Love and Hugs Anne H