Wednesday 2 September 2009

Feeling Better

My Macmillan nurse called in yesterday to discuss how I was feeling and also to tell me who would be replacing my Pain management Doctor. It's strange but I feel quite the fraud as I am (fingers crossed) cancer free.

The upside is an experiment, so last night took my temazepam as my body hurt, woke up at 7.00 and took 40 mil morphine then went back to sleep for 30 minutes. I got up with no body pain but a ponding headache and feeling sick. I think tonight I will miss out the temazepam and just try morphine. If this works then maybe I will start getting some pain free life back.

On Monday I need to have another CT Scan so that I can start Radiotherapy on Wednesday. I thought the whole idea of the one in August was for that, so hope nothing is wrong. Maybe I should take that last paragraph out as I will be back in pain for a few weeks no doubt. Hope I don't get over cooked. I honestly believe this is the right thing to have done. As my lung was totally covered with this cancer and it didn't come up any drain sites before it proves to me it must work.

Have decided to put myself on the sick this week, I don't want to go into the office and pick up all the bugs still going around as I want to make sure I am in the best possible health as I can be. I know you don't need to worry about the white blood count but it would be my luck that I would get something else and then its back to "is it the radiotherapy or is it a bug" routine. Have also cancelled pilates just in case that was helping cause so much more pain.

Our little Lexi has had an operation to remove a tumour from her eye. It started as a small wart and suddenly ballooned into a large cyst. Problem is Vet called it a tumour and hubby has panicked something terrible today. It's strange watching her not knowing whether she is coming or going and hubby being over protective of her. She can't bear that buster on her head, so have wrapped her paws up in the hope she doesn't scratch. There was another one forming on her other eye so he removed that one too. Poor thing has two shaven eyes. .. no photo shoot for a while!
We have also put our names down on a waiting list for a newfoundland puppy. The Breeders let us go along and meet the family, so to speak. What beautiful dogs they are. If I had been a couple of days earlier in contacting them we could have had a 10 week old puppy but a couple called on off chance last Friday and hey they were lucky.
I think we must be mad as we are never without dog hairs on our clothes now, it is going to get much worse!
See you after the 1st of the radiotherapy, unless I hear of any news.

No comments: